Thursday 11 February 2016

We should keep the tradition alive & have some Traditional Chinese New Year Cake aka Nian Gao

After the fruit cake success for Christmas last year, I can't help but was wondering about the traditional Chinese New Year cake. Well this is still the CNY period, in fact yesterday I had dinner with some buddies & we had Lo Hei ,Yusheng ( Prosperity Toss ). Yum

Back to the CNY cake. I couldn't help but notice this tradition is slowly waning. I remember when I
I love it!!!
was a kid, mum would buy a couple each year & she would fried it with some egg batter & it tasted heavenly. I missed it.

For the pass 3,4 years, this traditional dish is missing. And no one seems to have miss it :(( In fact I don't even see many stalls selling it.

I figure in say 10 to 20 years from now, it might be completely gone, taken over by the pineapple tart probably :(( How sad!
We should keep the tradition alive & have some Traditional Chinese New Year Cake this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment